Here’s the deal: I like books. I really like books. I like books so much that I keep buying them.
Unfortunately, I don’t read them all in a very timely manner. No, there are books on my shelves that I bought years ago and still haven’t cracked open just yet. It’s not that I don’t want to read them—I do, I really do—it’s just that the stack has grown so large that I feel like I’ll never get through them all.
(Of course, I don’t make my life any easier by buying more books every single month, both physical and ebooks, but that’s a story for another day!)
One of my goals for this year is to try to tackle this ever-growing TBR pile, and I figured the best way to hold myself accountable (and generally help myself stay organized) was to list them all here.
So if you want to know what’s in my physical TBR pile, read on!
On this list, you’ll find books from two shelves of my TBR bookcase. Yes, I have an entire TBR bookcase. Yes, I am slightly ashamed. No, I’ll never stop buying books!!!
There are probably even more unread books scattered throughout my house and other shelves, but these were the ones I could easily find. Also, I’m sticking to fiction, even though a decent portion of the bookcase is non-fiction. I’ll get to those… eventually!
My Physical (Fiction) TBR List
mostly in alphabetical order
1. A Good Country by Laleh Khadivi
2. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
3. The Adults by Alison Espach
4. All The Rage by Courtney Summers
5. American Panda by Gloria Chao
6. Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein
7. Bleed Like Me by C. Desir
8. Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
9. Club Rules by Andrew Trees
10. The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
11. Dating You Hating You by Christina Lauren
12. Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton
13. The Dinner by Herman Koch
14. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
15. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
16. Glitter by Aprilynne Pike
17. The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
18. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
19. Heist Society by Ally Carter
20. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maureen Goo
21. Internet Famous by Danika Stone
22. Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler
23. The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
24. On The Edge by Allison Van Diepen
25. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
26. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
27. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
28. The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz
29. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
30. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
31. Secrets, Lies, and Scandals by Amanda K. Morgan
32. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
33. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
34. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
35. Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas
36. Trust Me, I’m Trouble by Mary Elizabeth Summer
37. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
38. Tumble and Fall by Alexandra Coutts
39. Until It Fades by K.A. Tucker
40. The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
41. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
42. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
43. Winter by Marissa Meyer
At the end of 2019, I hope I can return to this list and be able to say that I tackled at least a fourth of this list. Will I have acquired more physical books by then? Oh, that’s a given, my friend! But they can go on a new list for a new year.
Are there any particular books on this list you think I should definitely try to read? Are there some you think I should avoid? Is your TBR pile similarly huge? Let me know in the comments!